50 Bookish Questions Book Tag
Next weekend will be the second Love-A-Thon I am going to participate in. In preparation for it I want to do The 50 Bookish Questions Book Tag, which I saw on My Little Book Blog.
- What was the last book you read?
I last finised a comic, but before that I read Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz.
- Was it a good one?
It was great. I normally hate romance novels, but the romance part was only a small part of the novel
- What made it good?
The story between the two main characters is mostly about their friendship. When both are very much in love with each other.
- Would you recommend it to other people?
Of course. Aristotle and Dante are great characters and think the story also has great quality.
- How often do you read?
I try to read about 2 books a week.
- Do you like to read?
I love reading! I spend almost all my spare time reading or listening to audiobooks.
- What was the last bad book you read?
Oh don’t talk to me about that one. It was Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I just hated it and made me decide not to finish the Lux series.
- What made you dislike it?
There was no really interesting story. The characters are shallow and it just doesn’t keep me.
- Do you wish to be a writer?
I do not wish to be an author. I love writing and reading. I much rather be a blogger all my life and maybe earn money with it eventually. I am busy writing a novel that I want to publish, but if it doesn’t work out I am fine with that.
- Has any book every influenced you greatly?
Not that I think of right now.
- Do you read fan fiction?
I sometimes read fanfiction on fanfiction.org
- Do you write fan fiction?
I used to write fanfiction, but these days there is no time.
- What’s your favorite book?
I have so many favorite books. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon and others.
- What’s your least favorite book?
I also have some least favorite books. The Maze Runner series by James Dashner, Lux series and others
- Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
I love real books! I like flipping the pages, the weight, the smell. I do not like reading on a device, but do whenever someone sends me a digital file.
- When did you learn to read?
I think I was 5 or so, they were teaching letters to the kids of my class and I got bored and taught myself, while the kids took forever.
- What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
There are a couple of Dutch books I had to read for school by Carry Slee, they were great. But favorite? I don’t think so.
- What is your favorite book series?
Like I said at question 13, I like The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon and Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.
- Who is your favorite author?
I don’t have a favorite author anymore. If so, I would have to list about a hundred authors because I like most of their works.
- What is your favorite genre?
I enjoy Fantasy, Dystopian and Science-Fiction these days, but I also like Thrillers and Mysteries.
- Who is your favorite character in a book series?
I don’t really have favorite characters, but I think I could name Tessa Gray from The Infernal Devices.
- Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
I love that about the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon and Caleidoscope by Jane Watt. These stories are so lively written about the United Kingdom.
- Which book do you wish had a sequel?
Caleidoscope by Jane Watt, even though the novel by itself is nicely rounded, but I just love those characters.
- Which book do you wish DIDNT have a sequel?
The Maze Runner series, the first novel was okay, but the rest is not worth the read. The same goes for the Lux series, but even that first novel was not that much.
- How long does it take you to read a book?
I read pretty fast, about 100 pages an evening.
- Do you like when books become movies?
I don’t care for movie adaptions that much, because they usually are not worth it and end of worse off.
- Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
Books are never ruined by its movie, but some people think a movie is representable for the book and judge it without reading it.
- Which movie has done a book justice?
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is pretty good as a movie. As funny as the book.
- Do you read newspapers?
I do not read newspapers, the world is bad enough to live in. I do not need to know how bad it really is.
- Do you read magazines?
Usually I do not read magazines, but sometimes my mom hands me old ones and I spend an afternoon on them, before tossing them.
- Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
- Do you read while in bed?
If I can stay awake long enough, yeah I do.
- Do you read while on the toilet?
Depends on what I need to do there 😉
- Do you read while in the car?
I listen to audiobooks when I drive. Before when I was being driven, I read all the time.
- Do you read while in the bath?
Don’t ask me how many books I have drowned. I always read in the bath, until I get so drowsy I drop the book in the water 😐
- Are you a fast reader?
I am a pretty fast reader yes.
- Are you a slow reader?
- Where is your favorite place to read?
I like spending Sundays on the couch reading. But my butt usually starts to hurt after an hour and I have to find a new spot.
- Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
I don’t have problems concentrating while I read. Getting into a book usually depends on the book. If I like it I don’t have problems, but if I don’t like it, starting it is hard.
- Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
No, I do not. But I wouldn’t mind a library room in my own house.
- Who gave you your love for reading?
I don’t know. My mother reads, but not that much. My father doesn’t read more than a puzzle book every summer.
- What book is next on your list to read?
I am reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon right now.
- When did you start to read chapter books?
I don’t know, 6 or so, maybe 7.
- Who is your favorite children’s book author?
The Dutch author Paul van Loon is great. I still like reading his work.
- Which author would you most want to interview?
This is a hard one. I think Marissa Meyer or Paul van Loon.
- Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
I think I could be friends with Marissa Meyer, Sarah J. Maas and such authors.
- What book have you reread the most?
I think it is a ty between Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling and Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer.
- Which books do you consider “classics”?
I always think of Classics when you talk about works from Jane Austin, Lovecraft. But also The Jungle Book, Dracula etc.
- Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
I think books with LGBT subjects should be used in schools, but also thinks like the classics.
- Which books should be banned from all schools?
I don’t think books should be banned from school. It hurts the children to ban books.
I hope this was interesting for you. Next week there will be more info about me. See you then!
For now, let books enrich your life!