Even though it took me forever to read Parent Talk, it was maybe one of the best parenting books I have read. It made me more aware on how to deal with any person, but mostly kids.
Book Review: Parent Talk: Transform Your Relationship with Your Child By Learning What to Say, How to Say it, and When to Listen by Dr. Wendy Mogel
Title & Author: Parent Talk by Dr. Wendy Mogel
Genre: Nonfiction, Parenting
Release date: September 6 2018
Publisher: Penguin Books
In this book, parenting expert of over three decades and New York Times bestselling author Dr. Wendy Mogel offers an essential and realistic guide of how to take steps to transform your relationship with your child , teaching parents:
· How to break the cycle of nagging and shouting
· How to talk to your child about difficult topics such as death and sex
· How to really listen to what it is your child is trying to say to you
· Why talking to girls is a world away from talking to boys, and how to master this skill
· How to overcome the distraction of digital devices – for both you and your child
Revealing how each stage of life brings new opportunities to relate better to your children, Parent Talk is the definitive guide for how to talk with your child, conquer parenting frustrations, and shape meaningful and lasting family relationships.